Thursday, August 23, 2007

Banana Republic's Adorable Autumn Collection

I was on the quest for a new suit. I hadn't stopped into Banana Republic much over the summer since the brief walk-throughs and emails I've been receiving haven't overly impressed me. Despite my skepticism, I decided to head to Stony Point. Over the years, through chubby times and skinny times, Banana Republic basics have always worked. Plus I had a 15 percent off coupon.

This time when I walked into the store, I was pleasantly surprised. The fall line is absolutely gorgeous. Think retro-inspired upscale pieces that mix Jackie O elegance with more tailored, mod styling. I found my suit in the form of a lightweight wool pencil skirt with a matching cropped box-cut jacket with three quarter length sleeves. At $168 for the jacket and $88 for the skirt, it was a little above my usual price range, but I figured the timeless-yet-chic style was worth the splurge. I finished the look off with a beige-and-black short-sleeved shirred top ($68). It added a hint of a pattern without showing up the styling of the suit.


Originally, I planned to seek out some beige pumps to elongate my legs and coordinate with the under top,but a walk through Dillard's revealed no likely options. Instead I wore my Linea Paolo patent leather peep-toe sling backs. At $99.95 from Nordstrom they are one of my best purchases this season. They look great with everything from jeans to cocktail dresses and they're much more comfy than your typical evening shoe.


When I wore my new outfit into work I got plenty of oohs and ahhs. Now I just have to hold out for more coupons before I buy more of Banana's fabulous fall collection.

No comments: