Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Goodness that is Arianna’s Eggplant Parm Pizza

I know other bloggers have given this pie love, but I had to take a moment and blog about the amazing Italian-American goodness that is the eggplant Parmesan pizza at Arianna’s Grill. A hand-tossed, slightly chewy, crunchy-on-the-bottom pizza crust is topped with a combination of pungent Italian cheeses, thinly sliced fresh basil and, of course, eggplant Parmesan. Now I know, eggplant Parmesan on a pizza may sound a bit odd, but the crunch of the crust, flavorful breading, slightly mushy eggplant and fresh basil flavor might just be one of the most satisfying combinations I’ve ever tasted. Even my boyfriend who’s a definite “where’s the meat?” type of guy craves this pie over any pepperoni-, sausage- or ham-topped variety. Add a pretty big Mixed Green Salad for $5.50 that last night came with delicious garlic-stuffed olives, and you’ve got the best meal ever. Plus, it's delivered to your doorstep if you live in the Museum District or Fan. If not, it's sooo worth the drive. The only question left: can I stop at two slices?

No comments: