Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Yummy Visit to Capital Coffee & Desserts

I met a friend for coffee at Capital Coffee & Desserts (2928 W. Cary St.) today. I've always appreciated the delicious desserts, friendly staff and coffee there but forgot about the goodness of their lunch offerings. When I arrived today I was hungry and although I'd planned on a sweet treat, I was tempted by the sandwich selection.I decided to try the "Roma" panini made with fresh mozzarella, homemade bread, roasted red peppers and a zesty pesto mayo. This sandwich was seriously gooey and delicious. Lots of melty, delicious cheese punctuated with tangy peppers and savory herbs. The crusty homemade bread (and keep in mind I come from an Italian family where bread is of utmost importance) was sliced just right and added a satisfactory crunch to an indulgent sandwich. I finished the meal with a delicious Vienna blend coffee. What a tasty treat.

No comments: