Saturday, September 22, 2007

Sales

Many of the chain stores around town are making their first round of markdowns on fall fashions. I checked out a few. Here are the most noteworthy.

Yesterday evening I headed to Banana Republic. Since I was in love with their fall line and their sale started Thursday, I wanted to get a jump on the discounts before my size was sold out. Little did I know, the inventory was already depleted. This town seriously needs another Banana because this one sells out of everything way too quickly. If you check out the Banana web site, there are tons of fabulous dresses and separates on sale, but there are few to be found at Stony Point. Since I struck out on clothes, I headed to the shoe section where boots and flats were 30 percent off. I picked up a great pair of black platform boots ($138.60) with slouched suede uppers that will be a perfect fall staple. They also had an array of cute flats, but none were spectacular enough to pick up for $70ish dollars.

Earlier in the week, I headed to Chesterfield Towne Center and picked up two great sweater dresses from Old Navy. Neither was on sale, but both were a chunky knit that hides figure flaws. Plus, the cuts were swingier than the sweater dresses of past seasons which ensured a flattering fit. I can't wait to pair the dress with black tights and my new boots when temperatures cool down! I also grabbed a velveteen double-breasted swing coat on sale for about $30.

Later today I'm hoping to drop in at Express for their "wear-it-like-you-paid-full-price" sale. New York and Co. also recently slashed prices.

No comments: