Thursday, September 6, 2007

Trish McEvoy Flawless Concealer Pen

So, a few weeks ago my Trish McEvoy makeup person called and invited me in to Saks for a free mini facial. A free mini facial! What's this? I wondered. So, of course I signed up for a time. One evening at 6 p.m., I headed to the Trish counter only to be whisked into a secret Saks back room that was set up like a facial room at a spa. It was clean, white, mod, and to be honest, nicer than some of the spa facial rooms I've been in.

The Trish consultant washed my face with Trish's Even Skin Glycolic Wash and proceeded to treat my face with the rest of her products. While this might not seem too impressive to some, I found it much more refreshing and helpful than your typical makeup counter where they put some lotion on your hand and expect you to leap with joy and purchase $500 worth of products. The Glycolic Wash was nice: it seemed to exfoliate without feeling too rough.


After the mini facial part came the fun makeover. I got my face done all in Trish's new fall "Simply Chic" collection. The product that most impressed me was the Flawless Concealer Pen ($32). It's a not-too-thick not-too-thin concealer that's perfect for the under-eye area with a brush right on the end. You twist the bottom to get the liquid out. It's way cool because you can use the brush and apply it right too your face, or if you want, you can blot it on the back of your hand and apply it with your favorite concealer brush. The Trish makeup artist also put it along the sides of my nose for contrast. I'd never have tried that before, but I did think it made my skin look extra flawless.


I also purchased the "Simply Chic" makeup page. For the low price of $48 it comes with 4 eye shadows one of which doubles as a plum, sparkly liner; two blush shades; and two cheek/lip shades. So far, my favorite parts are the breezy pink and peachy blushes. They look great when blushed on the apples of my cheeks for a wintery wind-swept look. In general the palette works great for day or evening.

No comments: