Monday, January 28, 2008

Amici: Always a Delicious Standard

On Saturday night we tried to hit Edo's but at 8:30 there was an hour-and-a-half wait, so we decided to head to Amici in Carytown. I only make it to Amici a few times a year, but every time my meal is delicious. The homemade bread sticks, the intimate atmosphere and the homemade pasta have never disappointed. On this visit I had a special made of roasted beets with chopped walnuts, crumbled creamy cheese and greens. The combination was divine. My second course consisted of homemade fettuccine with fresh pesto and pine nuts. The server warned me that the pesto was freshly made and mixed with the pasta, sometimes making for a dish that isn't quite piping hot. This was some of the best pest I've ever experienced. The dish was by far warm enough and the pesto was literally grease-free. I've ordered pesto in the past and it's come out greasy and heavy. This was light and delicious. Combined with the fresh flavor of the pasta, this dish was divine. My friend ordered the stuffed eggplant, which was also amazing. It tasted similar to freshly made eggplant Parmesan but without the breading that sometimes makes the dish too heavy. All in all, a great meal once again!

No comments: