Monday, January 28, 2008

Cheap Manis and Pedis, Yay!

It was my birthday over the weekend and after a night of fun at Sine, my friends and I wanted to relax, be pampered and let someone else make us pretty. We decided to go for manicures and pedicures at Fusion Nail Spa in Carytown. I'd seen the sign for this spot plenty of times, but being a bit wary of walk-in nail salons, hadn't tried it yet.
We headed in on Saturday afternoon and were pleased to see that none of us had to wait. The three of us sat in cozy massaging chairs right in a row so we could chat as our feet soaked. Now, the chairs at Fusion Nail Spa are no ordinary massage chairs. Every other massaging chair I've sat in during a pedicure vibrates like the "massagers" at an amusement park, leaving me feeling numb and weird after about 15 minutes. This chair had a variety of massage settings and actually felt like it was doing something as it moved up and down my back.
The manicure and pedicure themselves were pretty standard, but everything was clean and the staff was super friendly. Plus, the mani-pedi combo was only $40!!! So far, this is the cheapest I've found around town, especially for a pedicure where you get a leg massage and foot scrub. At the price, I think I'll be having much prettier nails on a much more consistent basis from now on.

1 comment:

Anne said...

These guys are the GREATEST! I just went in there for the first time last week, and they were fantastic. Why pay $40 for a manicure at Nesbit (4 blocks away!) when you can pay $40 for a manicure AND pedicure here? Waxing is excellent (cheap, too)