Monday, July 21, 2008

DSW Shoe Sale Time


I usually try to keep myself out of DSW. The store is so big and everything's so cute. It's hard to get out without buying something. I recently got an email about new markdowns, though, and since I was near Chesterfield on Friday, I decided to stop in. I love the location across from Chesterfield Towne Center because it's big and new and nice. Well, as I expected, the sale racks in back were two thick and packed with great shoes. I ended up taking home one pair of Michael Kors peep-toe wedges for 40 percent off of $79.94. The shoe is black patent leather with a black-and-white-striped foam wedge. I had been ogling the fresh take on a classic preppy style all summer at Dillard's. I'm also planning to try and hit the West End store this week to look for these adorable patent leather topsiders that weren't available there in my size.

Other great styles I left behind: a super high pair of tan leather platforms by Jessica Simpson (oh Jessica, I hate that I love your shoes) that would make anyone's legs look long enough to make others jealous; a pair of ombre round-toe pumps by Moda that faded from white to black, super trendy; and an array of shoes by designers like Tahari and Coach. I had to tear myself out because I knew I was heading to Potomac Mills, the discount shopping mecca the next day. More on that trip to come.

If you haven't, get thee to DSW!

No comments: