Thursday, July 17, 2008

Haute Look

So, for some reason I’ve been in a money-spending mood lately. With all the economic stuff going on, you'd think I'd be sensible and save, but it's just not happening. It all started about a month and a half ago with some addictive visits to my favorite sample-sale-style web site, www.hautelook.com. If you haven’t, you MUST visit the web site and register to receive emails when their sales start. In fact, this web site falls under the category of being so good, I almost just re-thunk my post and took it away because it will mean more people have access to the great deals I crave.

The thing about Haute Look is that you must sign on to the web site right when the sale starts to have your pick of all the great deals. Signing in even an hour late can cause you to miss out on some amazing buys. My two most recent purchases were a Diane Von Furstenberg spaghetti-strap dress for more than half off and an amazing Foley & Corinna metallic copper leather city clutch, also for more than half off. Both are fab buys that are severely depleting my bank balance.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally obsessed with Hautelook.com ...I just went on and they're having the most amazing sales -- a Common Thread, Nation LTD, Stila Cosemtics, Kritik, Genetic Denim, Eva Fraco, and Decades Two (which I bought a Prada bag from before that I carry almost every day ...I wonder what they'll have this time). I totally know what you mean about saving it for yourself!

Anonymous said...

I just bought three tops and a dress from the Hautelook C&C California sample sale-- THanks!!!

Unknown said...

cI love HauteLook.com! They've added so many sales recently (Thomas Wylde, AKA New York, Gorjana, & BCBG), I'm so excited. I love spending money, when I'm getting great pieces for over 50% off!

Anonymous said...

Terrible experience.
I'll never go back to this site again.
Ordered 4 times from this site. Things looks good online but once you order it, you'll see what I mean.
Their shipping is extreamly slow, and sometimes they have not enough item even after the order went through, so they often cancel the processed order. Yet, they take out the money and slow at returning back. Customer service also very unorganized. Never helpful enough to solve the problem so I had to call several times to track what's going on.
I'd rather go shop at Gilt.com, RueLala.com, ideeli.com. They are fast, responsive and organized.

Anonymous said...

Terrible shopping experience ever.
I ordered 4 times from this site. not a single time was without problem. It looks pretty good online but once you make an order from them, you'll see what I mean.
Every order was extremely slow at shipping,
sometimes they are out of item so even after the order processed, I don't get the item. Yet they take out money but slow at returning it back.
They have huge system problem. I've never receive an email from them because some technical error they have. Customer service also very unorganized.
I'd rather go shop at RueLaLa.com, Gilt.com, ideeli.com. They are fast, responsive and have great deal as well.

Anonymous said...

HauteLook
As the "hottest thing to hit the fashion business in years" HauteLook is a platform through which fashion and luxury lifestyle brands hold exclusive 36-72 hour online private sales. Membership is Free.Join here:hautelook