Thursday, July 17, 2008

Intermix Online


Here in Richmond, we are not lucky enough to have an Intermix. This high-end shop stocks an amazing selection of designer duds and accessories that are completely to die for. Even if we can't have one here, it's worth signing up for the emails. First of all, they send out a weekly email with the amazingly drool-worthy high-end goods. Second of all, you get emails when they have sales.

And so we move on to my next splurgey purchase. For the entire season, I have by dying for the Diane Von Furstenberg "Comfy Chic" sandals, but at a retail price of $255, they are sadly outside the price range of a budget-conscious fashionista. I had been envisioning the gold version on my feet pairing adorably with nearly every sundress I own when I got an email alert from www.shopstyle.com (the amazing-ness of that site is a whole other post) that they'd gone on sale. Sadly, the gold were out of stock in my size. I debated back and forth on the other color, black with an ethnic print on top and gold soles, but decided not to make the leap. They were still $155 after all. I recently got another email that they'd dipped below $100 and I decided it was fate. I took the plunge and bought them.

They arrived in the mail next week and they are everything I'd dreamed of. While the new color tone won't pair perfectly with as many outfits, they are perfect for making a statement without going overboard. They are super high, but the flat level of the wedge means they'll be pretty comfy. I'll still be keeping my eye out for a discount pair in platinum or gold, though (the gold is back up to $159 on Intermix and they're out of my color). I adore the way the fabric wraps around to the ground.

No comments: