Sunday, August 24, 2008

Has Anyone Tried Row House Soaps?

Yesterday I headed to Cooper Vineyards for a wine tasting and Mini Cooper rally. Alongside the wine, there was a host of vendors, one of which was Row House Soaps. I've always been intrigued by this brand as in love the packaging and love the varieties, but have never picked one up. Today the Kitchen Soap in particular caught my eye. The package said it would remove garlic and onion scents from fingers. I didn't pick up a bar as I'd already spent enough on Cooper wine to take home, but am wondering if anyone out there has given it a shot, and if I should, in fact, head to the Row House Soaps store or to Nicola Flora and pick up a bar.

Tastefully Simple was the other vendor that caught my eye. To be honest, I'm usually kind of turned off by direct sales companies, but this time the name attracted me. The idea behind the gourmet foods sold by Tastefully simple is that they all can be eaten straight from the jar or prepared with less than two ingredients. While I love cooking from scratch, sometimes you need something tasty in a pinch. Okay, sounds good. Then I sampled a few of the products and fell in love with the Black Bean Salsa. It was chock full of creamy black beans and tangy, smoky flavor. I've had black bean and corn salsas before, but this one seemed to have the perfect flavor blend. It would be a perfect snack as it felt a bit more substantial than your average tomato-based salsa, or it would taste great in a quesadilla. At $7.99 for a 16-ounce jar, it cost a bit more than your average salsa, but the standout flavor was worth the price tag.

No comments: