Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Saxon Back Room Never Disappoints


I got two pairs of shoes for less than $100! Yes, I was supposed to be shopping for a wedding present. Yes, I wasn't supposed to be spending money on myself. But hey, in my defense, had I bought these babies at retail, I would have paid $264 plus tax. My total came in at $101.54. I didn't have any coupons. My secret: the back room at Saxon. Any time I hit Short Pump Town Center, I end up walking through this hidden gem, and today there were diamonds aplenty.

My two pairs: Luichiny gold strappy sandals with thick, sculptural heels that will go perfect with a one-shouldered dress I'm wearing to a rehearsal; and a pair of black snakeskin A B S by Allen Schwartz sling backs with hidden platforms that make me feel very Lauren on "The Hills." The Luichiny sandals were 70 percent off and the A B S kicks were 60 percent off. With those deep discounts, I just couldn't leave them behind.

Other brands on super sale that I managed to skip included Nanette Lepore, Chinese Laundry, Stuart Weitzman, Coach and Betsey Johnson. I don't know if it's just because fall's coming, but it seemed like the selection of super-cute must-buys were extra plentiful.

Also on a shoe sale note, Que Bella is having an end-of-season sale as well. I haven't made it in yet, but this is usually one of my favorite sales to hit as it's one of the few times I can afford to load up on the oh-so-stylish and comfy shoes they sell. With shoes marked between 50 and 75 percent off, you'd better stop in soon before all your size is sold out. I'm hoping to make it in soon!

No comments: