Saturday, August 23, 2008

Why I <3 Susana Monaco

So, a few months ago, I walked to Carytown and was feeling super athletic and all when I decided to cool off and browse through Heidi Story. I wasn't planning to buy anything, but saw a cute halter dress on sale and decided to try it on. On the way to the dressing room, I happened to pick up a black Susana Monaco dress. It was a simple dress, gathered at the top, a-line from under the bust, thick tank-style straps. It was made from a nylon-lycra blend that just felt like a thicker version of the simple, stretchy dresses you see in every store come summer.

When I put this dress on, it was like magic. If I wasn't sure about cut making a difference on simple dresses, this proved it. All of a sudden I went from short and slightly pudgy to long, curvy and busty. Since then, I've worn this dress to work with a jacket, out with heels and a glitzy necklace, and casually with flip flops. I've wadded it up on the floor, and can always pick it right back up and put it on wrinkle-free. I love it. I can't remember the exact price, but think it was somewhere around $160. For a simple dress, that's a little high, but right now I think it was totally worth it. This dress is so versatile and flattering. In fact, I can't wait to get back in to Heidi Story and get another fabulous Susana Monaco dress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Favorite Dress Ever is also a Susana Monaco from Heidi Story (great store). I agree: amazingly flattering, super comfy, wrinkle-free, and a clear cut above the ubiquitous 'solid-color summer dress'.

By the way, just discovered your blog and I'm really enjoying it! Sad that this discovery should come after I've lived in Richmond for 5 years and am about to move away shortly. :(